The Parish Council delegates to its Planning Committee the responsibility for scrutinising all planning applications within its boundaries. The Planning Committee consists of Councillors elected at the Annual Meeting of the Parish Council, Ron Broadley (Chair), and David Bucknell. The Planning Committee operates in accordance with Local Government law and in accordance with the Parish Council’s Standing Orders and Code of Practice. The Clerk to the Parish Council provides administrative support for the Planning Committee.
The Planning Committee functions are as follows:
- To determine the Parish Council’s response to consultations on planning applications from Dover District Council and Kent County Council.
- To issue publicity notices concerning any Planning Committee’s meetings and activities.
- To determine the Parish Council’s response to statutory and non-statutory planning policy documents.
- To represent the Planning Committee’s agreed views at site meetings, public enquiries etc.
- To discuss and make recommendations to the full Parish Council on other matters delegated to the committee.
- To nominate appropriate liaison officers or representatives to facilitate the work of the Planning Committee.
- To undertake any other functions as may be required by Parish Council.
Parish Conservation Areas
Both our villages have designated Conservation Areas. Confirmation of an Article 4 Direction in Kingsdown Conservation Area was received in September 2016. To view press Article 4.
To view map of Kingsdown Conservation Area press Kingsdown.
To view map of Ringwould Conservation Area press Ringwould.
To view or respond to a Planning Application
To see the Parish Council’s Planning Applications Log which records planning application numbers, brief details and the Parish Council’s responses press Planning Log
If anyone has comments to make about a planning application this should be done on-line to Dover District Council. You will need the planning application number. Please press Planning Applications to review all Dover District Planning Applications.
If you require any information from the Parish Council or you feel you have information that may be relevant to the Parish Council this can be submitted via the Parish Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org
A material consideration is a matter that should be taken into account in deciding a planning application or on an appeal against a planning decision. Material considerations can include (but are not limited to):
- Overlooking/loss of privacy
- Loss of light or overshadowing
- Highway safety
- Effect on listed building and conservation area
- Layout and density of building
- Design, appearance and materials
- Government policy
- Disabled persons’ access
- Proposals in the Development Plan
- Previous planning decisions (including appeal decisions)
- Nature conservation
However, issues such as loss of view, or negative effect on the value of properties are not material considerations.
This reference information was obtained from http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/general/faq/faqapplyprocess