Rededication of Ringwould War Memorial

Rededication of Ringwould War Memorial – St Nicholas’ Church Clock

On Sunday 23rd April 2017, our very historic church of St Nicholas, at Ringwould, was packed for a very moving Rededication Service led by Rev. John Winn and Right Reverend Trevor Willmott, Bishop of Dover.

The unusual memorial clock, originally installed after funds were raised in 1920 was explained by Patrick MacWilliam, and the craftsmen and women who had done the restoration were warmly welcomed.  The lives of those who had gone to war from the village and not returned were spoken of, feelingly, by Jean Winn.  Time, eternity, the victims of all wars past and present, and peace were themes brought to mind by our Bishop.  Cllrs Williams and Gleave were delighted to attend on behalf of the Parish Council.